Re: 2x negatives

Subject: Re: 2x negatives
From: Aoidìn Scully <ascully -at- FLEXICOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 15:21:57 +0100

Obviously, you've never encountered a Limerick child squealing "I didn't
do nuttin'!"...when the guilt is plain on their faces. An example of a
double negative equaling a positive if ever there was one! :-)

Also, I don't think the original sentence, "neither...nor" really
qualifies as a double negative...they're negating two different things,
rather than the same thing twice.

My two pingin,

Aoidin