Re: screen capture utility

Subject: Re: screen capture utility
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 19:14:11 -0700

BTW...for what it's worth...

I also like the program and is what I use for
capturing BMPs for reference into Frame documents.

It does a number of things...what I like in
particular:

- I can set it so it captures color screens and saves
them as gray scale. Cuts down on the size.

- I can peform map colors during capture. This is
handy if you are capturing graphics that have alot of
red in them. Usualy, red will convert to black or dark
gray when saving as grayscale. I can chose a shade of
gray much lighter than default.

- You can configure it to capture regions, fixed size
regions, windows, menus, screens, etc. However, one of
the cool features is when using the Capture Window
setting, it can select sub-windows within the window,
depending on where you place the cursor. For instance,
you may want to capture a text box within a window. By
placing the cursor over the text box, it "plucks" the
text box from the screen. Beats capturing the whole
window and cropping it down.

- You can preview the graphic after capture but before
Save. When you do this, you can crop the capture
within Snagit, and save the cropped version instead of
the whole capture.

Anyway...I use it, I like it, and I bought it (I have
no stake in the product).

--- David Demyan <dbdemyan -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET> wrote:
> Meena asked for Screen Capture program
> recommendations.
> I know you will get a fistfull of them, so I will
> add another. I like
> SnagIt32, available at http://www.techsmith.com. It
> performs

(Hi, Dave)