Re: More Word problems

Subject: Re: More Word problems
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:48:04 -0400

I agree wholeheartedly with Steven.

Produce a PostScript print file using the Printer Driver, PPD, and settings
provided by your service bureau. Supply the PS file and not a Word document.
The docutech should handle this fine--it has on many occasions for me.

Word changes it's wrapping and appearance based on a lot of factors,
including the selected printer. Also, a feature of Word is that it
automatically updates styles based on Normal.dot. This happens without
asking. Thus, a DOT on the prepress computer might change styles in the
files you provide. Then, there's the Wintel-to-Mac sillyness.

All the best.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=