When do you start addressing new SW versions?

Subject: When do you start addressing new SW versions?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 06:34:15 -0700

I have an application that installs differently if the
PC is running Win95 than if it is running Win98 or
WinNT. With Win2000 coming out "soon", the
installation under that version will be the same as
98/NT.

Even though Win2000 is not available yet, I want to
address it in the documentation, something like the
following:

"Steps 1 through 4 of the following procedure apply
only if you are installing "Bill" for the first time
on a Windows 95 PC. If you are installing "Bill" on a
PC using Windows 98, Windows 2000 or Windows NT, go
directly to step 5."

Do you mention third party software that isn't
available at the time of writing, and may not be
available before your application gets released, but
you know that it will be out before you issue the next
version of your ap?
===
John Posada
Western Union International