Re: Appendix within a chapter.

Subject: Re: Appendix within a chapter.
From: Bill Fetzner <BFetzner -at- ETCCONNECT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:05:26 -0500

John ~ If working in Frame, I like to use notes to explain exceptions and
variations. For instance, I put step-by-step procedures in tables and then
tag steps with notes that explain something related but different. This
creates table notes that are placed just below the procedure and are locally
to that procedure not in a cumulative sense throughout the document. For
variations that relate to the body text, I footnote, and these increment as
they go along. Your tablenotes or footnotes could document small variations
to the basic procedure or could point to a section at the end of the chapter
where a full explanation is available. Of course, neither MS Word not
Pagemaker offers automated noting, which is why I tend to work in Frame. ~
Bill

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=