FrameMaker and WebWorks

Subject: FrameMaker and WebWorks
From: Sybille Sterk <sybille -at- BOFFIN -dot- BEYOND2000 -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 22:41:42 +0100

Hiya,

I have had my interview this afternoon and finally found out what it is
they really want their new technical author (hopefully, that will be me!)
to do.

(Why is it that agents never really know what the job they put you forward
for is about?)

They would like to create HTML based user documentation, which has no Java
script in it whatsoever, so people don't get put off by having to download
this and the other applet... They want to use Frame Maker for the printed
documentation (very likely this will be converted into PDF files which the
user can then download from the net) and - the lady wasn't quite so sure
about this - Web Works to create the HTML.

I don't know very much about either Frame Maker nor Web Works... Do they
really need Web Works...? What exactly does Web Works do?

TIA,

Sybille

Sybille Sterk
Technical Author and Translator (German)
email: sybille -at- boffin -dot- beyond2000 -dot- co -dot- uk

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=