Re: Sample Requests

Subject: Re: Sample Requests
From: "Davis, Howard" <davishc -at- VTG -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 17:41:27 -0400

How do you really know what they are looking for? Do you know how objective
they are likely to be when it comes to content v. layout?

I like to include a final entry on my resume: "Professional portfolio
available for review." It goes right below "References: Personal and
professional available on request"

There are too many risks of not really showing them whatever it is they
think they want or, worse, submitting more quality than they want (think
they can afford).

I would no sooner send ahead actual examples (without assurances of a
personal interview) than I would provide a list of references in response to
a blind ad or disclose salary history (requirements) -- at the risk of
leaving any money on the table.

Get the interview - then bare your soul!
...and remember:
People will hire ONLY people they like.

Howdy Davis
Technical writer, marketing consultant and former employment counselor

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=