Job: Intermediate TW, Fredericton, NB

Subject: Job: Intermediate TW, Fredericton, NB
From: "J. Fraser" <tekwrite -at- ISTAR -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 15:06:11 -0300

Full-time INTERMEDIATE Technical Writer
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
MUST BE ABLE TO RELOCATE

The Company:
===========
We have been developing and providing spatial information
and GIS solutions for marine- and land-based industries for
20 years. We have developed a comprehensive set of software
products with a world-wide clientele. Our flagship suite
of products runs under MS Window 95/98/NT and UNIX Operating
Systems.

The technical writing department currently has three
writers and is quickly expanding to meet the demands
of the company and our customers.

The Job:
=======
As part of the documentation team, you research, write and
edit printed and online documents. You work as part of the
documentation team and you become an integral part of your
development team. You help maintain and enforce standards
for technical documentation and contribute to the continual
improvement of our documentation methods and processes.

MUST-HAVE Qualifications:
========================
- you have minimum two years solid experience in technical
writing in a high-tech environment
- you have the ability to aggressively research material
and gather information from development staff
- you work well alone and as an effective team member
- you can easily manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
in a fast-paced environment
- you have some experience performing peer reviews and edits
- you can prove your ability to create attractive, functional
documentation using prescribed "tools of the trade".

Nice-to-Have Qualifications:
===========================
- experience with FrameMaker and ForeHelp
- HTML experience
- an understanding of the software development life cycle
- some experience in user interface design, testing and/or review
- some experience writing and maintaining style guides

Please reply directly to me (tekwrite -at- istar -dot- ca) with resume
and cover letter.

BE PREPARED!
If your resume is selected, you will be asked to provide a few
brief samples of your work (Word, FrameMaker or PDF preferred).

J. L. Fraser, B.Sc.
Senior Documentation Coordinator
CARIS - Universal Systems Ltd.
http://www.universal.ca