Re: Online help and topic color choices

Subject: Re: Online help and topic color choices
From: Melonie Holliman <melonie -dot- holliman -at- TXEXMTA4 -dot- AMD -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:24:35 -0500

Howdy,

I agree with this to a certain extent, however, I think it can be taken too
far.
If only 5% of my audience uses 256 color, why would I design for 256 color?

I take the attitude: design for the majority of your audience while making
sure
it is usable to the lowest common denominator. So, I design where the guys
with monochrome monitors can read it, but they are not going to get the
"pretty" effects.

I'm interested in what you web designers do. Do you design to the "websafe"
palette? If so, how do you work around the limitations?

Melonie R. Holliman
Technical Writer
CPD Marketing
Advanced Micro Devices