Re: mouseover. Is it a word?

Subject: Re: mouseover. Is it a word?
From: Adam Korman <akorman -at- EPICOR -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:27:42 -0700

Seems to me that "mouseover" is acceptable as a noun or adjective, but not
as a verb. In any case, I'd think the usage of "mouseover" is limited (to
writing about scripting and building web pages), and there are better ways
to write "mouse over" as a verb. Examples:

+ A common use of JavaScript is to add mouseovers to a web page.
+ Adding mouseover events can spice up your web site.
+ Mouse over the menu to display the associated text. [Not so good, in my
opinion]
+ Move the cursor over the menu to display its associated text. [Better]

Adam Korman