Re: Compensation question

Subject: Re: Compensation question
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 13:26:48 -0700

--- Willebeek-Lemair Jason-MCX1616 <jlemair -at- ITEXCHSRV2 -dot- PHX -dot- MCD -dot- MOT -dot- COM> wrote:
> Along those lines, I am having difficulty finding a technical writing
> position that pays over $250,000.00 a year. Can anyone help?

Yeah, I am getting tired of all the offers I get at $375,000.00 a year. When
are employers going to start paying me what I deserve - $500,000,000.00 a year.
I also want a horde of small gnomes to follow me around and massage me while I
work!

Sorry gang - outside of the Bay Area, New York, Boston and a few other huge
metro areas - tech writing tops out at $65K a year. There are exceptions if
you are really strong with programming or web development - but thank your
stars if you can command $65K.

So tell your friend to chomp down 50K and be happy.

Andrew Plato
President / Principal Consulting
Anitian Consulting, Inc.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=