Re: PaintShop Pro5 vs. Photoshop???

Subject: Re: PaintShop Pro5 vs. Photoshop???
From: Chuck <writer -at- BEST -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:33:52 -0700

Having both in your toolbox is probably the best decision--if your
budget can handle it.

Photoshop is the more powerful tool. I was doing some gradients and was
not able to do what I wanted in PSP 4 that I could in PS 4. But
Photoshop is not simple, and it's also a behemoth.

I have never found and paint or graphics program that could read more
files than PSP. Files that other programs claim are corrupt will usually
open in PSP. Also, PSP (at least version 4) is much speedier. I'd much
rather associate graphics files with PSP than PS so opening the files
directly from Exploer is faster. The only way you'd minimize the
difference would be if you had at least 128MB of RAM with a SCSI hard
disk.

There are usability issues with both programs. PS is notoriously painful
to learn, and Jasc made some changes in PSP 5 that are not user
friendly, so I'se stayed with 4.

--
"[Programmers] cannot successfully be asked to design for users
because...inevitably, they will make judgments based on the

Chuck Martin
writer"at"best.com www.writeforyou.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=