Re: Compensation question

Subject: Re: Compensation question
From: Ralph Cardone <ralph -at- RTSWIRELESS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 14:46:56 -0400

I've been monitoring this discussion for a bit and had to add my two cents. On
Long Island, there are companies willing to pay that much for a technical
writer. However, the writer better be well rounded and not locked into writing
user manuals only. The writer should also have much more than 3 years of
experience, be well versed in various PC graphics programs, and be able to
easily pick up on technical material. I'd say that 50K is exceptional for
someone with 3 years of experience and a limited technical background.

"Caroline Briggs (Pachaud) (Exchange)" wrote:

> The companies I'm familiar with pay far more for technical writers with
> actual technical skills, then for end-user writers. Where did your friend
> get the 65K figure to begin with? Seems very high for a not too technical,
> not too experienced writer.
>
> From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=