Re: Compensation question

Subject: Re: Compensation question
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:11:43 -0700

Carla McKenzie writes:
> A friend of mine can't seem to find a technical writing position that pays
> over $65,000. Everyplace she looks is paying up to $50,000.

Carla, is your friend in a position where a certain dollar figure is
required to live?

When you are talking 65K for technical writing, I am thinking mucho
experience in technical writing AND managing.

Unless you are in the Bay area where a small coffee costs $12, sixty-five
thousand dollars a year is a good chunk of change for a position many
uninformed people see as a glorified secretarial position.

If your friend requires a position that pays better then $65,000
($32.50/hour) than consulting, management, or unionized labor is where that
person should maybe look.

Keep the faith, there are plenty of good jobs out there!

Barry

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=