Re: via the Internet?

Subject: Re: via the Internet?
From: Michelle Vina-Baltsas <Michelle_Vina-Baltsas -at- US -dot- CRAWCO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:10:36 -0400

>>I have a wording question for everyone - a chapter in the manual I am
writing is about updating a program using an "Internet Updating" feature.

I originally chose "Updating XXX on the Internet" but this struck an awkard
cord with my supervisor so we changed the title to:

"Updating XXX via the Internet"

I am not sure using "via" is acceptable - does anyone have any opinions or
suggestions for improvement?>>

Ellen,

The book "Handbook of Technical Writing" says that the term "via" should be used
only in routing instructions.
What about using through.

Michelle

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=