Sydney, Aust meeting

Subject: Sydney, Aust meeting
From: Irene Wong <wongword -at- OZEMAIL -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 21:13:21 +1100

The Australian Society for Technical Communication (NSW) (ASTC) is
holding an
evening meeting on Tuesday 29 June which you may be interested in.

ASTC meeting: Come along and meet other technical communicators
on Tuesday 29 June 1999
6pm for 6:30pm

Don't miss this opportunity to hear noted writer and researcher,
M. Jimmie Killingsworth
Audience analysis for online publishing

Prof Killingsworth, of Texas A&M University, is visiting Australia as
Keynote Speaker at the ANZCA Conference (for details of this conference
search for ANZCA on the internet)

Online publishing raises a whole new set of questions about audiences.
We have to take into account the variety of platforms and physical
attributes (screen size, window size) readers will use to view our
documents. We have to think about visual and interactive features
(graphics, applets, hyperlinks) that will help or hinder effective use
of our documents. And we still have to consider readers? existing
knowledge, attitudes, and needs. All this when perhaps the very make-up
of our audience is more diverse than ever before.

Meeting includes finger food
Cost $15 for ASTC members who book
$20 for other people

After the meeting, we will adjourn for dinner, an extra $20 per head
plus drinks.

Location
ABC Theatrette, ABC, Harris St Ultimo

RSVP
For the meeting: by Friday 25 June, RSVP if possible
For dinner: an RSVP is essential by Tuesday 22 June

All RSVP to: Paramor Productions, 9211-6590 or
paramor -at- ozemail -dot- com -dot- au

See you there

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=