Re: Problems with Japanese-translated English

Subject: Re: Problems with Japanese-translated English
From: "Bowes, Rebecca A" <Rebecca -dot- A -dot- Bowes -at- WGP -dot- TWC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 09:42:14 -0500

Thanks Jan and Paul for your thoughts on when and why we use "in" a window
vs "on" a window. Those are two explanations I never would have thought of
(and are much more interesting than mine!). It's refreshing to think of a
GUI window as a portal to another world and to see the language as a
connection to the pre-computer world. I do enjoy this list!

Rebecca

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=