Re: Do users actually read READ.ME files?

Subject: Re: Do users actually read READ.ME files?
From: MAGGIE SECARA <SECARAM -at- MAINSAVER -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:32:42 -0700

Tech Support will probably tell you that NO ONE reads the documentation, but
of course, they mainly hear from the ones who don't. Users who DO, don't
call.

I haven't any research on the issue, but I know when our doc is delayed, or
the readme file isn't there, a great shout goes up from users all over the
place! Among other things, our readme file specifies the user-reported bugs
we've fixed or user requests we've implemented.

Cheers!

Maggie Secara
secaram -at- mainsaver -dot- com

The English Renaissance is alive at