Re: Automating collection of styles used in Word document

Subject: Re: Automating collection of styles used in Word document
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:38:20 -0700

Kim Young wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically retrieve a list of
> styles defined in a document (not in the attached template), and show which
> styles in this list are currently in use in the document?

Check the "free downloads" area of our web site (www.brown-inc.com/rel-info/).
The StyleList macro sounds like just what you're looking for.

I typically use it in conjunction with a couple of others, RemoveUnusedStyles
and MergeFromTemplate, to keep styles clean in multiauthor/multifile projects.

(They're all written in WordBasic, but work fine when imported in Word 97.)

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

N O W A V A I L A B L E ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

Try HTML Indexer, the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=