Re: Single Sourcing

Subject: Re: Single Sourcing
From: "Smith, Martin" <smithmr -at- ENCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 08:34:23 -0600

In that case we simply run the help system in the browser itself. The
main point is that we have many customers that emphatically do not want
to install Internet Explorer on their systems, which has forced us away
from Microsoft's implementation of HTML Help. We have managed to obtain
a very similar look and feel using JavaScript.

> Martin R. Smith
> Technical Writer / Audiophile
> ENCORP: The Energy Automation Company, http://www.encorp.com
> (970) 686-2017 x 223

Martin Smith wrote:

<< order to implement context-sensitive HTML help here at ENCORP, we
decided to stay away from Microsoft's HTML help because it forces
customers to install Internet Explorer and can not be ported to UNIX.
Instead we run the default web browser inside of an OLE container.>>

How does this port to UNIX, where there is no OLE container?

Bob

===

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=