Re: You have the Worm.Explore virus on your system

Subject: Re: You have the Worm.Explore virus on your system
From: Ellen Hladky <ehladky -at- COSMOCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 15:12:08 -0400

Title: RE: You have the Worm.Explore virus on your system

Thanks for the notification.  Until I saw your email, I was not aware that my PC had sent out any emails.  As you can guess, my PC was infected with the worm virus and it did destroy many files.

Unbeknownst to me (and even our Exchange Server) it seems like a 'reply' was sent from my PC to the Tech Writers mailing list.

If you have received any email from me today DELETE IT AT ONCE.

In general, if you receive an email from anybody (and it seems to be traveling quickly) with the following body, DELETE IT AT ONCE:

Hi (name). I received you email and I shall send you a reply ASAP.
'Till then, take a look at the attached zipped docs.

I sincerely hope that I did not infect anyone else's PC.

Ellen Hladky