Letting Off Steam, follow up

Subject: Letting Off Steam, follow up
From: Melonie Holliman <melonie -dot- holliman -at- TXEXMTA4 -dot- AMD -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 08:48:49 -0500

Howdy,

Just to let yall know, I talked with the SME doing the review. He
was VERY apologetic and started asking me questions before
just changing things.

This has been an interesting project; it is the first one I have ever
done working in tandem with the development team. They enter
technical info and I go back over and massage it for readability and
style. So, giving a hard copy review was not an option; better
communication seems to be the key (especially since these guys
are very willing to defer readability issues to me). Given the choice,
I would take this approach over the old way we used to do it (they
would give us a semi-written document and we would edit and
format it). I am able to be involved at an earlier stage and I have
much more input into the structure of the document.

Thanks for the input yesterday.

Melonie R. Holliman
Technical Writer
CPD Marketing