Re: What kind of names do you make up?

Subject: Re: What kind of names do you make up?
From: "Campbell, Art" <artc -at- NORTHCHURCH -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:31:42 -0400

I always use members of the program team. People generally like to see their
names in print, and it gives them the ability to slap the manual down and
say
"I worked on this."

It also encourages a thorough review by team members.... ;-)

And finally, on a slightly different topic, people have been commenting on
how they can prove a certain book is _their_ work. For the last ten years or
so, at several companies, I've added (with permission from everyone who's
involved, a line in the front matter that lists the writers). In small,
copyright-size type.

No reason I can think of that tech writers shouldn't have bylines. ;-)

Art

Art Campbell
Technical Publications
Northchurch Communications