Re: Performant - is it a word

Subject: Re: Performant - is it a word
From: Jim Aikens <jaikens -at- ZOOMIT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 16:45:51 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Brierley, Sean <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>

>Anyway, I saw an earlier post that said "performant" is
Canadian-French. I
>have yet to see a definition for this word. Does anyone have a
definition
>for it?

It's a French word -- French French, Canadian French, Swiss French and
all the other Frenches in the world. It's actually quite a common word,
especially in advertising. In French it has come to mean "high
performance" or "works really well". However, when I see it in an
English context, especially about software, I take it simply to mean "it
works". Which is already quite an accomplishment.

jim aikens

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=