Re: Interview from hell

Subject: Re: Interview from hell
From: "Moore, Tracey" <TMoore -at- PARKERVISION -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 08:25:19 -0400

I loved this post and can relate all too well.

I'd love to have some advice as to how to effect this change in someone.
I have a client whose breath is so bad that it fills the entire room. (I
also used to work with someone whose breath was so bad, I knew he was
nearby when he was talking with someone FOUR cubes away.)

So how do you tell someone they stink? (We are talking about breath that
no mint, gum or anything other than flossing and a dentist will help.)

I have to admit, I'd be hard pressed to voluntarily work with someone
whose breath literally made me sick to my stomach. I wonder how Wendy
could have dealt with this. "I'd like to hire you, but we have to
straighten something out first. You will be working in my cube, and, may
I be honest? You smell bad and you take up too much space. Would you
mind investing in a little personal hygiene and go on a diet?"

Wouldn't she just have admitted that she was discriminating and willing
to break the law?

<<Smell, dress, etc can all be overcome. While training
and skill, etc cannot.>>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=