Re: thanks yous and interviews from hell

Subject: Re: thanks yous and interviews from hell
From: "Comeau, Lisa" <Lisa -dot- Comeau -at- MOH -dot- GOV -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:04:49 -0400

Johhn asks
"Do you know that because you sent the note, you were called back? Maybe you
were going to be called anyway."

A fine question, and a reasonable one. However, in my experience, once I
_am_ hired, I alsways ask _why_ I was chosen. Not to toot my own horn, but
to get a better feel of what I do _right_ in an interview, and also to get a
sense of what is expected of me now that I am a loyal employee as opposed to
a lowly wanna-be employee.

In my experience, thank you notes were certainly not the only reason I was
hired, but on three seperate occasions, they were the final push the
interviewer needed to decide upon me over somoene else.

So, yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus, and yes, a thank-you (note or
otherwise) can land you a job.

Lisa Comeau
Accounts Representative, Client Services Group
Y2K/Exchange Project, Ontario Ministry of Health
Office: (416) 327 1112
Pager: (416) 715 9198
mailto: Lisa -dot- Comeau -at- moh -dot- gov -dot- on -dot- ca

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=