Re: Interview Etiquette (was The Interview from Hell!)

Subject: Re: Interview Etiquette (was The Interview from Hell!)
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 10:45:05 -0400

Hallo:

I write thank-yous after I interview and expect to receive thank-yous from
candidates whom I grill ;?). I see the thank you as a professional courtesy
and a sign of interest in the job; granted, it takes little time to send the
thank-you and I would prefer ca$h <g>.

Also, for me, I do not hire the same week that I interview, although on one
occasion my boss made me do so (did it for me, actually). I like time to
consider all the applicants, review my thoughts on their interviews and
portfolios, and time to re-read their resumes and other such documentation.
If the thank-you letter takes more than 5 business days to get to me, I
might not consider it, depending on the timeframe for hiring. However,
candidates who do not send thank-yous are not considered as highly the next
time around, if there is one.

Alas, in my current position, I am out of the direct hiring loop. That's a
pity because I do enjoy the hiring and interviewing process.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=