scientific writing

Subject: scientific writing
From: Michael Thon <mthon0 -at- IBM -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 12:36:35 -0400

I'm a scientist and I'm contemplating making a career change to technical writing. I'd like to write manuals and/or marketing documents for a biotech company. Naturally, I have a lot of questions about this field and the suitability of my background and experience for a career change to tech writing. If there are any writers that work for biotechnology companies who wouldn't mind taking the time to answer a few questions, please email me or post to this list.

Also, can anyone recommend books, web pages, or other sources of information on career related issues in tech writing?
Thanks in advance,
Mike