FW: PDF screenshots

Subject: FW: PDF screenshots
From: "Moore, Tracey" <TMoore -at- PARKERVISION -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 14:18:02 -0400

I had this problem just last week and received a lot of posts offering
help. I tried everything everyone suggested:

--change the screen settings to 256 colors and recapture the
screenshots.

--recapture the screenshots at 200 dpi and save them at 200 dpi using
Capture Professional.

--recapture the screenshots using HiJaak Pro.

--import the images instead of copy/paste (which I never do anyway. . .)

--save the images in different formats, preferably TIFF.

--create a PS file and used Distiller instead of PDF Writer. Tried all
kinds of variations in the options setting.

--create a pdf using PDF Writer and turn off Downsample Images in the
Compression option.

--pull out hair and cut off head.

None of these suggestions helped my situation. Then I decided to try
something. I brought the original pdf (that I created with PDF Writer at
home and printed on my non-postscript NEC laser printer) to work and
printed it out on a postscript printer. The graphics looked beautiful.
They still looked yucky onscreen.

What to do? Tell users they must print the pdf using a postscript
printer?

Any thoughts?

>Hello, we are currently capturing screens using Paint Shop Pro, saving
>as a 16 colors BMP, inserting to Word as a picture and finally using
>PDFWriter to create the PDF. The screenshots look terrible in PDF form,
>both on the screen and printed. Any ideas?>>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=