Re: Problem With Microsoft Word97?

Subject: Re: Problem With Microsoft Word97?
From: Kim Nylander <nylanderk -at- IPIX -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 09:40:47 -0400

On 5/28/1999 9:31 AM, Scott McClare said:

>You may be right. OTOH, the one time this has hit me seriously was a short
>document (~40-50pp) with 20+ screen shots, which was done start-to-finish on
>the same PC, to which I made no configuration changes whatever. As far as I
>can tell, it was a completely random occurrence. <sigh>

I had the same thing happen. I had a 100+ page manual that the customer
insisted be written in Word 97 so they could update the document later.
I wrote it, had screen shots of every button, plus illustrated examples
on most of the pages (120+ graphics). I was finishing the final print
out, when the programmer said that the last page printed with a red X on
the graphic, and could I print it again. I lost every image in that
document. It was just a good thing I had a backup, or I would have spent
another week replacing everything.

Allegedly, this problem was fixed in one of the service packs. I
honestly can't tell you if it has been or not. I don't use word for long
documents like that any more.

Kim Nylander

Technical Writer
Interactive Pictures