Re: The answer: Microsoft clip art and royalties

Subject: Re: The answer: Microsoft clip art and royalties
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 14:17:42 -0500

I just wanted to clarify... it's been pointed out to me that the web
page does not answer the question as clearly as I made it sound. In
fact, the answer came from a real human being at Microsoft (or an e-mail
address parading as a real human being), in response to a specific
question (along the lines of "if I want to sell a printed or electronic
product -- but *not* a clip art collection -- can it contain MS clip
art?"). He simply suggested the web page as another resource.

> Recently (OK, maybe not so recently) I asked if anyone knew whether you
> could use the clip art that comes with Microsoft products in a
> publication that would be sold. A few people were interested in the
> answer, which, as it turns out, is *no* (with the exception of
> PowerPoint art used in PowerPoint presentations). This website:
> http://www.microsoft.com/permission/copyrgt/cop-img.htm
> has information on using *any* MS images, including those of Bill Gates
> himself.

Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=