Re: New Chapter On Right/Leave Left Page Blank -Reply

Subject: Re: New Chapter On Right/Leave Left Page Blank -Reply
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 15:40:40 -0500

Bill Sullivan wrote:

> And the "usability" argument gives me =
> chills.=20

Come on, Bill, face your fears. ;-)

Seriously... imagine flipping through a book looking for a particular
chapter. The thought of having to flip through once looking at
right-hand chapter headings, and flipping through again looking for
left-hand chapter headings, doesn't exactly inspire much confidence in
this scheme (IMHO).

Also, with all due respect to the original poster, his main complaint
seemed to be that it's a pain in the rear to force all chapters to start
on a right-hand page. I've struggled with enough Word demons to believe
this is true*, but is it really a valid reason to make such a change
without seeing how it will affect your customers?

Tracy
*Lest I be accused of (gasp) MS-bashing, I must point out that I have
also struggled with plenty of non-MS demons. The horror, the horror!

BTW, Bill, my spell-checker suggests you change your last name to
Sultan. Just a thought. ;-)
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=