Re: New Chapter On Right/Leave Left Page Blank

Subject: Re: New Chapter On Right/Leave Left Page Blank
From: Elisabeth Zakes <ezakes -at- PLANVIEW -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 12:36:55 -0500

On Wednesday, May 26, 1999 12:24 PM, Kris Olberg
[SMTP:kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM] wrote:

> Starting new chapters on the recto is a global, de facto standard.
There are
> very few times you should sacrifice usability for brevity. Try using
the
> tools in your DTP to manage this for you. For example, in Word you can
> configure a section break preceding your chapter heading so that the
chapter
> always begins on the recto.

A standard for whom? In 12+ years in the publishing industry, I saw
plenty of books where chapters could start recto or verso. Frequently,
if the chapters started recto only, it was to fill out a page count for
an otherwise too-short book. Is recto-only a standard for manuals,
perhaps?

EZ

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=