Re: Environment statement after copyright

Subject: Re: Environment statement after copyright
From: "Mason, Catheryn" <CMason -at- INFINITEC-COM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 11:01:22 -0500

Martha wrote:
My manager wants me to put an environment friendly statement in the front
matter of our user's guide, right after the copyright information.

Pat's suggestion was:
You could use an old-fashioned colophon at the back of the book.

My two cents:
In a former job I included environmental statements routinely in our
published documents (though not user manuals -- these were documents
intended for the general public). We placed such statements in the back of
our documents, along with information about the paper type, printing, etc.
We always had photo credits, so this statement fit in nicely with the
credits as "back matter." Now if I were to include such a statement, and if
I didn't have any other back matter, I'd put it where you suggest -- up
front with copyright and trademark information. I think it's a great way to
emphasize a company's environmental awareness.

Catheryn Mason, Technical Writer
Infinitec Communications
Winner, 1999 IABC Bronze Quill Award of Excellence for Technical Writing

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=