New Chapter On Right/Leave Left Page Blank

Subject: New Chapter On Right/Leave Left Page Blank
From: Brian Doonan <bdoonan -at- CORECO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 10:58:50 -0400

Hello,

My company insists on the format of keeping the left page blank, with the
exception of a footer, when a new chapter is started in one of our manuals.
The point is that the new chapter must always be on the right hand side of
the page. I realize that there is merit to this approach, but there are
also problems. In my opinion, keeping the manuals as small as comfortably
possible is a major concern, and this format issue is a hurtle to this end.
Moreover, if you are using Word (please don't suggest changing word
processors, it's not the point of my post), adding blank pages can place
you in page break hell. It personally wouldn't insult my aesthetic
sensibilities to see a chapter start on the left of a page. Would it you?

Brian

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=