Re: Grease ZERK or ZIRC?

Subject: Re: Grease ZERK or ZIRC?
From: jgilger_it -at- NV -dot- DOE -dot- GOV
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 16:00:27 -0700

In twenty years of being a machinist/mechanic I have never heard (or
read) of this grease fitting called anything other than a zerk fitting
or a grease fitting. "Zerk" refers back to the inventor (or something
like that) the less colorful, but still acceptable, name is "grease
fitting." Call it by either name and your end user will understand.

-John
MMC(SS) USN RET