Technical Editing

Subject: Technical Editing
From: Andrew Nichols <nicho1ab -at- JMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 14:57:14 -0400

An excellent overview text on technical editing is Carolyn
Rude's "Technical Editing." It covers just about everything
someone new to the field should know. Rude is out of Texas
Tech. if you have difficulty finding the book.

Andrew
~~~~~~~
Andrew Nichols
nicho1ab -at- jmu -dot- edu
Teaching Assistant
Institute of Technical and Scientific Communication
MSC 1803
JMU
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
FAX 540.568.8070
PH 540.568.2512

On Tue, 25 May 1999 13:41:33 -0500 Melonie Holliman
<melonie -dot- holliman -at- TXEXMTA4 -dot- AMD -dot- COM> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I was talking with a young friend of mine last night. She is still in
> college (going on her senior year) and is trying to find a job for
> the summer. She desperately would like to enter the editing field,
> ideally technical editing, but believes she will not qualify since
> she has no technical background. Do any of you know good
> basic sites on technical editing so that she can find out
> more about the field? Is it Judith Tarutz who produced that
> excellent book about technical editing?
>
> Also, if anyone wants a technical editor intern in Austin, I will
> be glad to pass your name on to her.
>
> Melonie R. Holliman
> Technical Writer
> CPD Marketing