Re: The Skinny on the great disappearing FrameMaker rumor

Subject: Re: The Skinny on the great disappearing FrameMaker rumor
From: Todd Sieling <tsieling -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 16:47:45 -0700

Just an observation -
I don't think Frame is going anywhere fast, but I do find interesting the
apparent absolute trust in the official Adobe word as it is passed on to the
list. I agree that Frame is very popular with T'writers, but let's not
forget that Adobe is a company and their aim is to make money. If there
really were plans to discontinue the product that they were not willing to
make public, then you can't expect them to undercut any remaining sales
potential, so of course they will say that they plan to support, develop,
enhnace, etc, in the words of the Marketing rep, "for as long as [they] can
see into the future." A statement like that can mean tomorrow or 20 years
from now. Because a company puts out a product you like is no reason to
assume some sort of inherent benevolence in the company.

Todd Sieling

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=