Re: Writing vs. Testing

Subject: Re: Writing vs. Testing
From: Jill Burgchardt <jburgcha -at- PESTILENCE -dot- ITC -dot- NRCS -dot- USDA -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 14:04:19 -0600

Testing is our friend. Testing is good.

Seriously, I enjoy the informal testing aspect of my job. It gives me many
opportunities to work with the developers and push for better user interface. I
have always found that it has worked to my advantage.

I don't care to do it full time, but the amount that I do helps me get my work
done more quickly. After a few test sessions, the developers don't wait until
the product is finished to call me in for input. I now get to work with
prototyping the user interface.

The hats are somewhat interchangeable here, but there's a common focus:
Delivering a high-quality, user-friendly product.

Jill Burgchardt
jburgchardt -at- pestilence -dot- itc -dot- nrcs -dot- usda -dot- gov

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=