Re: Rumors of FrameMaker's Death are Untrue, says Adobe - off on a tangent

Subject: Re: Rumors of FrameMaker's Death are Untrue, says Adobe - off on a tangent
From: Lane Pasut <Larissa -dot- Pasut -at- OMEGARESEARCH -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 13:58:56 -0400

Maybe I am in the minority, but I find it hard to separate structure and
formatting from document content. For documentation to be effective, how it
is presented plays almost as big a role as what is presented.

Lane Pasut
User Education
Omega Research, Inc.
****************************
John Olds wrote:

"One must recall that tools such as Frame and Pagemaker
used to be the domain of
the composition dept.. People who excelled in structure and
formatting.
The Technical Writers role is to emphasis the document
content. The TW is a
project manger of sorts, who gathers information,
interviews subject matter
experts (SMEs), coordinates doc. reviews and art
development. In short, TWs
keep doc. development on track and team members on the same
page.

The more composition work we become involved in the more
all of the above
suffers.
Word wins in this example because it is more intuitive!"

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=