IE5 and existing HTML Help files

Subject: IE5 and existing HTML Help files
From: Gary Robinson <Robinson -at- COMINC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 11:05:29 -0400

Hello,

I have a HTMLHelp file that I wrote with RoboHTML v. 1.00.203. It ran fine
until I upgrade to IE5. I had been using IE4. Now the splash screen doesn't
disappear and the TOC works slowly and occasionally needs to be refreshed
before the "books" will open. The splash will disappear if I click on it
but it leaves a gray square on the screen and I usually have to refresh
before I can use the rest of the Help. My concern is, it is very likely
that one (or most) of our clients will eventually upgrade to IE5 and will
experience these problems at their job site. I'd appreciate hearing from
anyone who has a solution to this situation. Thanks.

Regards,

Gary G. Robinson
Technical Communications
COM, Incorporated - An Enprotech Company
7300 W. Huron River Drive
Dexter, MI 48130
734-426-7000 x20 734-426-7004 fax
robinson -at- cominc -dot- com <mailto:robinson -at- cominc -dot- com>
http://www.cominc.com <http://www.cominc.com>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=