Re: Word Macros

Subject: Re: Word Macros
From: Julie Comstock-Fisher <julief -at- PDAINC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 11:12:20 -0500

On Tuesday, May 11, 1999 7:39 AM, David Thompson [SMTP:David -dot- Thompson -at- REALVIZ -dot- COM]
wrote:
> I have a word97 doc. with several tables. Rather than go to every table and
> change the text formatting i would like a macro to do the dirty work.
>
> Does anyone have or can anyone tell me where to find such a macro?

The Force is within you, Luke. :-) Go to the Tools menu, select Macro, and select
Record New Macro on that little sub-menu that pops up. In the Record Macro dialog
box, type a name for your macro (I think you can't have spaces or punctuation in
your macro name) and assign it to the Toolbar or Keyboard, if you like. If you don't
want to put it on the toolbar or keyboard (or don't know) just click OK.

Go ahead and format a table the way you want it, then click the Stop button on the
macro recorder toolbar. (The macro recorder toolbar looks like a tiny tape recorder
with only two controls--Stop and Pause.)

If you're reasonably familiar with Word, that should be enough to get you started.
If it's not enough, let me know.

Julie Comstock-Fisher Documentation Manager
julief -at- pdainc -dot- com PDA, Inc.
I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make
as they go flying by. Douglas Adams

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=