Re: Acrobat 4.0 Good News/Bad News

Subject: Re: Acrobat 4.0 Good News/Bad News
From: Sharon Burton-Hardin <sharonburton -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 08:23:33 -0700

What! Are you sure? This will be devastating news to my clients.... Adobe,
tell us this is not true... Some of them might want to move away to other
solutions. Damn.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org
Anthrobytes Consulting
Home of RoboNEWS(tm), the unofficial RoboHELP newsletter
www.anthrobytes.com
Check out www.WinHelp.net!
See www.sharonburton.com!

From: Paul Kortz <Paul -dot- Kortz -at- ARAN -dot- CO -dot- UK>

| I have just been evaluating my brand new copy of Acrobat 4.0 and I must
say
| that the Word to .PDF conversion is about 1000% better. However, Adobe
seem
| to have taken a large and very strange step backwards. Apparently, the
| Acrobat Reader no longer recognises indexes created in Acrobat Catalog. If
| you want to use the Acrobat full text search feature, you have to buy the
| full product. I have checked the Adobe Support Forums and they confirm
this.
| Does anyone know whether this is a temporary or regional oversight?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=