Re: UK/US English - What to do?

Subject: Re: UK/US English - What to do?
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- JAGUNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 17:46:04 -0400

On 5/7/1999 5:38 PM, Scott Browne (sbrowne -at- UNICOMP -dot- NET) wrote:

>So, what would you do? Document the menus and functions as they actually
>appear on the screen - with UK spellings? Or use US spellings?
>
>Disregard the option of rewriting the application code to use American
>English.

Not to be too blunt about it, but if your company would make the
questionable decision to ship a product developed using the wrong
language for the intended market, they certainly won't care much one way
or the other which choice you make in the documentation.

I suppose you should continue the farce and create the doc with *all*
text written with UK spelling and usage, not just the sections that refer
to user interface elements. That way you can maintain the illusion that
this is a UK product that just happens to be for sale in the US.

----->Mike

Internet: stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com AOL: MStockman
AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=