Web accessability

Subject: Web accessability
From: Arlen P Walker <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 09:41:00 -0500

Take a peek at:

http://www.freedomforum.org/technology/1999/4/30handicapaccess.asp

The author goes a bit too far down the road to hysteria (must be a Chicken
Little fan)
but he does highlight an issue which will directly apply to some of us. It'll
become a
requrement for those of us building US Gov't websites that the site be designed
with
handicapped access in mind.

The W3C's web accessibility guidelines offer some advice for that road, but it
struck
me while reading them that we may be about to enter into a "Bauhaus"-like era
of
web design, if guidelines like this become required.

What do you think?

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: RED EYE CALL FOR PAPERS - ASSOCIATION OF MANAGEMENT (AoM) 17th Annual Academic/Practitioner Management Conference, San Diego, CA, Aug 6-8, 1999