Re: Educating Rita

Subject: Re: Educating Rita
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 11:19:25 -0400

The job is whatever was negotiated.
There is not a global job description for tech writers, and if one is ever imposed, I'll probably find some other line of work.

Andrew is writing from a consulting perspective. I work as an employee.
Andrew and his team are expected to do the assigned task. I am expected to help create products, focusing on the documentation.
If Andrew spends clock time on tasks that have not been assigned, he is cheating his client. I am expected to apply my skills wherever they benefit the product team or company.

Andrew's job is to make the sign. Mine is to make sure people don't fall in the hole.

---
Office:
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com