Telecom Planning Guide Outline

Subject: Telecom Planning Guide Outline
From: Benzi Schreiber <benzi -at- HARMONYCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 08:43:13 +0200

Hi friends:

I'm new to the telecom field. The product I'm documenting is used for
designing and provisioning telecommunication services. (Yeah, I know
"provisioning" isn't English, but that's the language that these people
use.)

One of the books I'm writing is a Planning Guide. This is supposed to help
the customer to estimate the resources needed for implementing our system
with his existing network, and to generate a step-by-step plan for the
implementation. The Planning Guide will list all the steps he needs to take
before implementing the system, including forms for him to fill in with
information about his system and environment, and formulae for using that
information to calculate the required resources. In addition, we'll supply
forms for entering the results of his calculations.

Does anyone have suggestions about the topics that should be included in a
Planning Guide outline? Or perhaps an existing Planning Guide to show me?

TIA

Benzi

Benzi Schreiber
Technical Publications Manager