CE statement/notice text?

Subject: CE statement/notice text?
From: Kevin McLauchlan <KMcLauchlan -at- CHRYSALIS-ITS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 16:18:28 -0400

Hi all.

We've been having net problems, so if anybody gets this...

Can some kind soul please point me to the proper text --
or a URL for it -- that should be included in a manual
accompanying a computer device that has been verified/
certified/approved (whatever the correct term is) to
the European CE Class B standard for radiation and
interference.

I'm assuming there's something like the American FCC
notice and the Canadian equivalent. But, I've been
unofficially told that no announcement is actually needed.
Instead, the certifying paperwork is kept on file with our
European distributors. Sounds a little fishy to me, so
if there is official boilerplate to go in a manual, I need to know.

The document is in English only.

I've had little success with web searching (mostly
due to our connection problems, I think... although it
may be my poor choice of search keywords). I've
also got a broken CD purporting to impart all the
good stuff about CE Marketing requirements... if
only it would work on my NT machine. Sigh.

Last time this was an issue for me, there WAS no CE.
We included appropriate announcements from a German
agency.

If you don't receive this message, please ignore it.
If you get duplicates, it's because I'm trying to shoot
through sporadic conection windows. Ignore dupes.

Thanks,

Kevin McLauchlan
kmclauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com (aka kevinmcl -at- netrover -dot- com)
Techy writer, duffer skydiver, full-time unrepentant chocoholic

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=