Re: Frame, CSS, Netscape problem

Subject: Re: Frame, CSS, Netscape problem
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 12:25:24 -0700

Chris Hamilton wrote:

> I'm translating Frame to HTML.

That's your first mistake.

> It looks nice in IE4, but text in the UL
> and OL tags look like garbage in Netscape. I try to go into the CSS and
> change the attributes for the related class and the changes aren't made
> when I save them and reload the page. I can change the font size, font,
> text indent, or pretty much anything else and the change is made in IE,
> but not Netscape.

Yup. Yup. Yup.

> Has anyone had the same problem with Frame-generated CSSs or other CSSs
> in Netscape? If so, how did you get around it?

DO NOT attempt to use Frame to generate HTML. If you're using Frame as source
files, go through something else - I forget the name, is it Quadralay? - that
more nearly accurately translates Frame files into HTML.

I swear the biggest patch of grey hair on my head - no you can't see it; thank
you Clairol - is because of what happened when we were told we HAD to use Frame
to generate HTML. You're right - uggggggly!

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=