lists and explanations

Subject: lists and explanations
From: Aoidìn Scully <ascully -at- FLEXICOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 17:09:35 +0100

I need to canvass a few opinions, folks.

I'm explaining how to perform a series of steps for a procedure and
have to give more information on a particular point.
For example: "Select the document type from the drop-down list. There
are five different document types..."

So, do you think I should give it after the step in question, or refer
them to another part of the document, where I've given an explanation? I
don't want to break up the sequence of steps, but at the same time, I
don't want them to be looking all over for the explanation.

What do ye think?

Thanks,

Aoidin

Aoidin Scully
Technical Writer, Flexicom Phone: +353-1-6030044
32 Lower Leeson Street, Fax: +353-1-6030001
Dublin 2, Ireland. Email:
ascully -at- flexicom -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=